HP Deskjet 2640 Printer Setup, Driver Download and Troubleshooting Issue
Here is the best Printer model, HP DeskJet 2640 if you are expecting excellent Print speed and quality. The Printer arrives with the top features and specifications such as Inkjet technology, Mobile Printing, Excellent Print resolution, and much more. If you are new to HP DeskJet 2640 Printer, check out the device reviews before purchase
How to Setup HP DeskJet 2640 Printer?
- list-info-icon To setup HP DeskJet 2640 Printer, read HP DeskJet 2640 manual
- list-info-icon Then check if you have the necessary requisites to proceed with the Printer setup
- list-info-icon If yes, find the appropriate port to fix the Power and USB cable
- list-info-icon Then execute the first-time Printer setup. This includes fixing the cartridge and placing the paper into paper input tray
- list-info-icon If the first time Printer setup is complete, you can proceed with the settings to establish the network connection
HP Deskjet 2640 Wireless Setup
Connect HP DeskJet 2640 to a wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
If you prefer using the Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS), follow the guidelines below
- list-info-icon At first, enable the WPS mode on your Printer
- list-info-icon It’s easy to activate the WPS mode. Press the Wireless Button on your HP DeskJet 2640 Printer for 3 seconds
- list-info-icon Meanwhile, press the WPS button on your router
- list-info-icon Wait for a while until the Wi-Fi connection is active
- list-info-icon If you prefer WPS Pin method, access the configuration utility software and provide the WPS pin
- list-info-icon Once if the wireless connection is active, the blue light will turn ON
Connect HP DeskJet 2640 To A Wireless Network Using HP Printer Software
It’s good that you have settings to establish the wireless network using the HP Printer Software. Check out the guidelines below, if you are interested to know more
- list-info-icon Switch on your HP DeskJet 2640 Printer. Make a note of the Printer name and the version
- list-info-icon Now find the compatible software to use with the Printer. Visit the software download portal
- list-info-icon Then provide the Printer name and the version to get the software search results
- list-info-icon Select and download the software setup file. Complete the installation process
- list-info-icon Open the software. You will receive a prompt to choose the wireless network
- list-info-icon Select the option, wireless. The go forward with the onscreen instructions that appear on the screen to establish the network connection
How to Install HP Deskjet 2640 Using a Wireless Connection for Windows?
You can connect Windows and Mac devices to HP DeskJet 2640 Printer. Windows users can follow the steps below to install HP DeskJet 2640 using a wireless connection
- list-info-icon At first power on your Windows device. Use the WI-FI direct settings to establish the network connection. Check if HP DeskJet 2640 software installation is complete.
- list-info-icon To find the installed software, navigate to the start icon from your computer Desktop. Then find the icon with the Printer name. Open the Printer software and then navigate to theTools tab.
- list-info-icon Now begin your search to find the option, Devices setup, and Software. Click on the tab, Connect a new device. The list of available Printers will appear.
- list-info-icon Select HP Deskjet 2640 Printer from the list and go forward to execute the onscreen instructions. Your Printer will be connected successfully to the Windows computer.
- list-info-icon Note that the settings to connect your Printer differ and depend on the versions such as Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7. If your printer is brand new, proceed with the remaining HP Deskjet 2640 setup steps.
How to Install HP DeskJet 2640 Using a Wireless Connection for Mac?
To install HP DeskJet 2640 on Mac using a Wireless connection, here we explain the setup instructions in detail
- list-info-icon Switch ON your Printer and make sure that the Wi-Fi Direct feature is enabled
- list-info-icon If yes, turn on Wi-Fi on your Mac computer
- list-info-icon Choose the Wi-Fi direct name and provide the appropriate credentials
- list-info-icon You can now proceed with the settings to add the Mac device
- list-info-icon From your Mac device, go to the System Preference Settings
- list-info-icon Search to find the option, Printers and Scanners
- list-info-icon Click on the plus icon. The list of available Printers will appear
- list-info-icon Select HP DeskJet 2640 Printer and click on the option, ADD. Your Printer will be successfully added to the Mac device
How to Change from a USB Connection to a Wireless Connection?
If you have installed DeskJet 2640 Printer software with USB, it’s possible to change the connection to wireless. You can open HP DeskJet 2640 software installed and then navigate to the option, Tools. After finding the device setup and software section, click on the tab; Convert the USB connection to wireless. Soon after selecting the settings, you can find the onscreen instructions that appear. Follow the guidelines promptly to change USB connection to wireless
If you are using a Mac device, install the HP Easy start tool and find the settings to convert USB to wireless
- list-info-icon To find the matching HP DeskJet 2640 Printer to use with Windows, visit the appropriate software download portal
- list-info-icon Go to the driver download tab
- list-info-icon Then provide the Printer name and the version
- list-info-icon Select and download compatible HP DeskJet 2640 Printer driver to use with Windows
- list-info-icon Extract the setup file to the required folder
- list-info-icon Click on the setup file
- list-info-icon Then proceed with onscreen instructions to complete the software installation
It’s essential to find and update the matching software to use with HP DeskJet 2640 Printer
- list-info-icon If you are using a Mac device, install HP easy start tool to find HP DeskJet 2640 Printer software
- list-info-icon You can also visit the Mac driver download portal
Use the System Preference Settings
- list-info-icon Power on your Mac device
- list-info-icon Connect the device to the printer using the USB cable
- list-info-icon The Mac OS will now install HP DeskJet 2640 Printer to add the basic functionality
- list-info-icon Navigate to the system preference settings on Mac
- list-info-icon Use the drop-down menu to select the option, Software update
HP DeskJet 2640 Not Printing
Remove the stuck papers to resume the Print jobs
HP Printer Offline Error
Navigate to the Printer offline settings to disable it
HP DeskJet 2640 Setup Error
Verify the Printer setup steps and understand the guidelines before execution
Internet Connectivity Issue
Validate the network settings. You can try disconnecting your device from the network and connect back again
HP Software Error
Check the software version installed on your Printer. If the version is outdated, try updating the new version
How to Print Documents using HP DeskJet 2640 ?
If HP Deskjet 2640 Printer setup is complete, select your documents to start printing. Would you like to know how to print your documents, read the steps below
- list-info-icon Open the Printer software installed
- list-info-icon Click on the icon, PRINT
- list-info-icon Open the Properties dialogue box
- list-info-icon Select the printing option navigating to the printing short cut tab
- list-info-icon Now close the property dialogue box
- list-info-icon Tap on the Print icon again and select the OK button to start printing your documents
If you require assistance to execute HP DeskJet 2640 Printer setup and troubleshoot the setup issues, contact our HP Printer support executives @ +1-844-876-5110. Navigate to our website portal All printer setup to find the contact address.